As 2015 progresses, we continue with enthusiasm and boundless expectations for success
in our mission to aid our alma mater, the venerable Annie Walsh Memorial School (AWMS).
Please join me in welcoming new and returning members of the team of Executives who
will lead our Association over the next two years. Our deepest gratitude is extended
to the out-
I pledge my utmost in working to fulfill our Association’s mission, which includes;
Providing financial & moral support to the AWMS in its mission to educate and develop young girls in Sierra Leone in pursuit of excellence in all areas, including academic performance and discipline grounded in solid Christian foundation;
Providing role models for current pupils;
Assisting in the improvement of the general education and welfare of the children in Sierra Leone;
Establishing an active line of communication and bonding between current students and AWMS alumnae.
In continuation of our goal to enhance student experience, contributions were made during the year as follows:
1. Funded annual salaries of 4 campus cleaners for a term of 2 years
2. Funded additional 100 units of Students’ Desks
3. Provided Office Equipment & Supplies to enhance operations at the Administrative Office
4. Continued to contribute to Replacement of Revenue lost from closure of the parking lot on campus … working with other branches
5. Established plans and began fundraising to fulfill two pressing requests of students…reconditioning the sports court so that they may engage in physical education, and team sports; upgrading of instruments for the school band… the first Sierra Leone female school band.
On behalf of AWOGA I extend our earnest appreciation to all of you, our contributors,
sponsors, and fellow alumnae, for your support and dedication. It is because of
your charitable spirit and sacrifices that our association continues to thrive and
generate resources to assist the students and staff of our alma mater. Your generosity
inspires us all, and your continued support will surely help us in shaping an even
stronger future for the AWMS and its students. The numerous academic achievements
of the students in inter-
We thank our partners, including the AWMS Development Fund, the AWMS Social Responsibility Group, and the AWOGA Presidents’ Council, (a consortium of all branches of AWOGA in the Diaspora) for their contributions in facilitating our various projects and initiatives.
We urge all alumnae to join in the quest to help the AWMS continue to be widely acclaimed within the education system in Sierra Leone and worldwide. For membership in AWOGA Washington, please contact our Member Relations Officer, Mrs. Rita Johnson for further information.
Mimie Williams – President